Lean Manufacturing 5S Presentation
5S - Structured system and order
5S is a tool to create system and order in a company. At the same time 5S expresses the attitude in an organization towards structure and system. If 5S cannot be implemented successfully it will be difficult to implement other Lean-tools.
With 5S the work places, the floor, racks etc. are clearly marked. Every tool or part should have a "home". All other tools and parts are removed from the work place.
5S stands for
5S stands for:
- Sort: Sort work place in "in use" and "not in use".
- Set in order: Put items in system.
- Shine: Procedure for cleanliness.
- Standardize: Procedure for how to leave the workplace.
- Sustain: Ingraining into culture.
Results using 5S:
- Improves ergonomics.
- Improves safety – no disorder.
- Improves quality – right tools for the right parts and processes.
- Gives pride to the work place.
- Easier to take over a work place from a colleague.
- Reduces changeover times.
- Gives a visible overview of the work place – tools, parts, fixtures etc.
- Time spent on searching is reduced.
- Reduces demand for space.
- Improves productivity.
5S presentation incl. plan for a 5S event
5S practical audit form (Powerpoint)
5S simple audit form (Excel)
Download free notes for 5S sorting