Lean Manufacturing Flow Guidance/Presentation
What is flow?
Flow is the third principle in Lean.
Read about the 5 Lean principles >
Flow is about making products, people and information flow as smoothly as possible.
In a traditional process layout there are many points of inventory and a lot of transportation and handling. This layout also demands more control, more planning and coordination and adds no value!
Flow is the most powerful tool to minimize waste in Lean!
Read about the types of waste in Lean >
Key results with flow
Key results are:
- Shortened throughput time and hence also a shorter lead time to customers.
- Less need for inventory.
- Less scrap – quality problems are discovered faster.
- Improved cash flow.
- The need for forecasts is decreased.
Download a presentation on how to implement flow in manufacturing
Contents of the 48 slides:
- What is flow in a production?
- Results with flow.
- Typical reasons for bad flow.
- Tools to create flow.
- Practical examples of flow in the production.
- Implementation of flow.
- Related Lean tools.