Lean Manufacturing SMED Spreadsheet
SMED - Reduction of changeover times
Reduction of changeover times when using SMED
SMED is a tool to reduce changeover times on machines and other resources in a production.
All changeovers can be reduced to a single minute
SMED is an abbreviation of "Single Minute Exchange of Die". This means that all changeovers can be reduced to less than 10 minutes!
Advantages when using SMED on bottlenecks
- Systematic and still a simple tool to reduce changeover times.
- Reduction of changeover times is often used to improve the utilization of a machine. Remember that an improvement of the utilization at a bottleneck by 10% - increases the capacity in a value stream by 10%!
- Results are achieved very fast!
View demo to see how the free spreadsheet works
> View demo LINK
Download a free SMED tool as a spreadsheet
The spreadsheet includes:
- Introduction to SMED.
- Where to use SMED.
- SMED process.
- Form to map a changeover (incl. an example).
- Form to structure improvements (incl. an example).
- Graph to show reduction of changeover times (incl. an example).
> Download LINK